Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I found a yo-yo!

I found a yo-yo, for some reason or another in my bento supplies. This was so exciting, I immediately put it around my finger and tried it out, and it would be the best! I bet I was really great at yo-yoing as a kid!


It fell off. Just fell right to the ground off of my finger.


Ok, maybe that was just a flook. I tied it tighter around my finger the second time. Sweet! I can walk the dog.


Wait… that’s all I can do. It won’t come up!


Alright, let’s try again. Great! It came up and down and up and… sideways? Silly yo-yo, you should come straight up, not diagonally.


No! Stop only coming up less than halfway!
Now you’re just spinning around. You’re not even trying to walk the dog.


Wait a minute! I remember you! I got you for Christmas in a package of other nostalgia items! You are the worst! After I unwrapped you to and tried you out, you hit me in the face!



No wonder I hid you in a bag that I couldn’t reach on top of my fridge. I’m putting you in a much smellier place where you’ll never humiliate me again.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! The new addition of the drawings makes this even more adorable.

    I used to be a yo-yo snob. I only have Duncan, because that's what I grew up with. I know there are tons more brands out there, but the classic wooden Duncan's were always my favorite.

    ReplyDelete