Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm seriously addicted to Voltorb Flip

In Pokemon Heart Gold/ Soul Silver, there is an addictive game that I can't stop playing. Voltorb Flip. The game is pretty simple. You have a grid of 5 by 5 cards, as well as an additional row of cards at the bottom and a column to the side that tell you what the numbers add up to and how many Voltorbs are in the columns and rows. Basically it is a mix of Minesweeper and Suduko in my mind. Best of all, it's FREE! 

Whenever you win, you go up one level in the game. Whenever you fail, the game decides to randomly drop you down how every many levels it wants (many times you don't drop any levels). Recently I have vowed to stop playing and save whenever I am bumped back down to level 1. 

So far I have over 12 hours of play time in Soul Silver. Only about 6 or 7 hours have been spent not playing Voltorb Flip. 

Every time I decide to stop and save my game, I have a call on my pokegear. I feel like Joey is talking to Ian and  a few other of my friends and they think I need an intervention. Sadly, his attempts at getting me to leave fail because all he ever tells me is that his Rattata is in the top percentile of Rattata. Maybe if you wanted to battle Joey, then I would happily skip to you to beat you for your money. 

But Joey, you've probably leveled up that Rattata 30 levels since I discovered Voltorb Flip. I'd have no chance. I guess I better stay here until I have enough coins to buy everything twice. Maybe three times. Who needs trainer battles when you can just buy items and resell them at the supply store?

No comments:

Post a Comment