Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Grocery Stores in the Morning

I don't know how many people actually get up early in the mornings being all "I'm ready to go right here right now!" (And no, I do not mean go potty... I think we all need to potty first thing in the morning).

But this morning I got up really early at like 6:30 for no reason. Probably because I slept most of the day before and went to bed super early at 11 pm.

In my excitement for the day, I decided I needed to go buy groceries and cleaning supplies at Target and a local grocery store. I don't think I will make any more early morning leisurely trips to the store. People are not very nice.

So at this time in the morning, there are very few people who want to be awake but have to be. The people working in the stores don't want to be awake. Some people shopping don't want to be awake. Then there are old people and me. We both want to be awake. But regardless of how awake or how much everyone wanted to be awake, they were all pretty pissed off. I don't really know why, but I'll just assume it's because they are up early, probably jobless and most of them are old.

At 8 or 9 in the morning, there are not many cashiers. The ones that are there have people in line with about $500 worth of groceries. I did not have that much. I had one of those tiny 2 tiered carts and only filled the top up partially and the bottom had a giant watermelon in it. Normally, I do not carry around my grocery cards with me, but instead I punch in my phone number. I did this at the self check out but had to ask if I could first, and the woman there seemed like I was the most terrible person ever for asking.

As I was looking at my peaches to find a code on them, she snapped at me to hurry up or get out of the self check out. I was kind of frightened and quickly looked around to see if there was anybody else in line waiting. No there were not and 2 other self check outs were empty. I quickly scanned my groceries slightly terrified of this woman who was staring me down the whole time and shouted out codes at me when I was trying to type in the code for my watermelon. Did she think I was trying to steal groceries?

After hurrying out I went to Target to get some store brand Mr. Clean Magic Erasers because those things are fantastic. I can clean everything with them! Sure as hell not paying full price for ones with Mr. Clean's face on them though.

The only nice person was the cashier at Target who was super pleasant and said thank you and did not act like I was trying to steal these magic cleaning devices. She had my mom's name. Even though my mom is mean to me a lot and calls me fat and lazy, she is nice to me sometimes and feeds me and still loves me. Thank you nice lady who reminded me my mom isn't terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment